Lebanon First Baptist's History
Lebanon First Baptist Church was established on December 12, 1873. From its early beginnings of seven men and seven women who called themselves Baptists, to today, this congregation has been helping guide and direct hearts, minds and souls to God.
The church has seen various eras of growth including an increase from its original 14 members growing to 351 members by 1891. The congregation has had several buildings to call home. The original church building suffered damage in a tornado, was rebuilt, enlarged and served the church and community well until 1912 when it was destroyed by fire on Sunday, February 4.
Groundbreaking for the current building was started in June 1912 and the building was dedicated on May 11, 1913.
For the past several years, the church has been moving forward in faith to raise funds to build a new facility on 20 acres of land that was generously donated to the church by a long-time church family.
The future of this congregation is not based upon buildings but rather upon the faithfulness, dedication and support of the people who lovingly call Lebanon First Baptist home.
The future is bright with possibilities to reach, teach and nurture individuals and families for Christ!